What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with registering for classes.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, register for classes, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To register you (or other individuals you designate) for the classes that you desire
- To help improve the Girl Scout University event
How do we protect visitor information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Notify you of your event and class registration.
- Send you reminders of Girl Scout University or notifications about any changes.
- Request information from you, if needed.
- Request your feedback about experience from Girl Scout University.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from feedback and other correspondence. We will still send you emails whenever you register for classes or make changes to your registration on our website.
Girl Scout University – Privacy
Texas Alpha Phi Omega, Alpha Rho
100-C West Dean Keeton Street
Austin, Texas 78712
Last updated 12/28/2015